Annual General Meeting
The sixth Annual General Meeting of the Group will be held in the Craster Memorial. Hall on Monday 21st November, 2011 at 7.00 p.m..
The Agenda will be as follows:
1. To receive any apologies for absence.
2. To confirm the Minutes of the annual General Meeting held on 15th November, 2010 as a correct record
3. To consider any matters arising from the Minutes
4. To elect the Officers and Committee members. The following have been nominated and have agreed to serve on the Committee for the next year
Committee Member Heather Lee
Committee Member Joyce Shaw
Hon Secretary Mike Findeisen
Robert Twyford and Peter Howard have indicated that they do not wish to stand again as Chairman and Treasurer respectively and nominations are sought for these post and for any of the above Officers and Committee Members, which should be given in writing to the Hon Secretary not later that two weeks before the Meeting.
5. To receive the Annual Accounts, to appoint the Auditor and to agree the subscription for the coming year.
6 To note the programme for January to June 2012 and to consider any suggestions for outside visits. A possible suggestion has been a visit to Ford Castle and Etal.
7. To consider any other matters of business. Items for discussion under this heading must be given in writing to the Hon Secretary not later than 7 days before the meeting
The formal meeting will be followed by a short talk by Barbara Cato entitled “Sammy, a Dog’s life in the Trenches”
Programme for January - June 2012
16th January “The Ground Chain Radar in World War 2” by Dave Chappel
Tea Duty Michael and Marjorie Taylor
20th February “Harry Hotspur, Warkworth’s Famous Son” by Robert Brooks
Tea Duty Sybil Dawson and Nancy Grey
9th March “The Aln Valley Railway, History and Plans for Re-opening” by Roger Jermy
Tea Duty Alexa Nisbet and Kathleen Waters
16th April “The Grey Family at Howick” by Peter Regan
Tea Duty Joyce and Jim Shaw
21st May “Pont - Life and Work of Punch Cartoonist Graham Laidler” by Alex Melville-Mason
Tea Duty Heather Lee and Mike Findeisen
18th June “North East Airfields, 1910 - 2002” by Alan Fendley
Tea Duty Michael and Rosemary Gibbs
If you can’t do your tea duty please arrange a swap